Dallas, 07.07.2011 - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN), the industry leader in highly integrated wireless connectivity solutions and low-power sub-1 GHz radio frequency (RF) technology, today introduced a new Sub-1 GHz RF Value Line family, offering developers low-cost connectivity solutions for sub-1 GHz RF applications such as remote controls, toys, home and building automation, and security systems. The Sub-1 GHz RF Value Line family launched with the CC115L transmitter, CC113L receiver and CC110L transceiver, all available immediately. In high volume, the line offers a complete, one-way RF link for less than USD $1. The new devices are based on TI's Sub-1 GHz CC1101 RF technology, and are pin-, register- and code-compatible, as well as backwards compatible with existing sub-1 GHz systems. For more information, see www.ti.com/rfvalueline-preu.
"TI's new Sub-1 GHz RF Value Line answers the market's increasing need for simple, low-cost connectivity for applications that require both long battery life and long range wireless connection," said Erling Simensen, product marketing manager, Low-Power RF, TI. "Designs based on the Sub-1GHz RF Value Line family not only ease connectivity integration efforts for engineers, but promise wireless connectivity for more of today's cost-sensitive consumer applications."
The CC11xLDK-868-915 and CC11xLEMK-433 development kits provide complete hardware performance testing and software development platforms for the new product family. The kits also offer new low-cost reference designs, with a compact PCB antenna for 433, 868, 915 MHz, featuring a reduced component count and complete design ready for FCC and ETSI certification. The small-size, compact PCB helix antenna represents only a quarter of the size of previous PCB antennas, and is useful for applications requiring high antenna efficiency in a compact area.
Sub-1 GHz RF Value Line family: Key features and benefits
- One-way RF link for USD $1 in high volumes (transmitter + receiver bundle)
- Complete design with reduced component count, ready for FCC and ETSI certification
*Low-cost reference design with compact PCB antenna
- Low-power, long battery life time:
*Fast startup-time with 0.24ms from power down to RX or TX
*0.2 µA sleep current
- Flexible and backwards compatible with existing sub-1 GHz systems:
*Supports multiple modulation formats with 2-FSK, 4-FSK, GFSK and OOK.
*Programmable data rate from 0.6 to 600kbps
*Supports multiple frequency bands: 300-348, 387-464 and 779- 928 MHz
- Easy to switch between one-way and two-way solutions:
*Pin, register and code compatibility
- Long range communication: seamless integration with CC1190 range extender: gives up to + 27dBm output power and -120 dBm sensitivity, and up to +20 dBm output power without frequency hopping (FHSS) under FCC
- Compatible with CC1190 range extender, MSP430(TM) RF Value Line microcontroller, and TPS62730 Step Down Converter with Bypass Mode for Ultra Low Power Wireless Applications
Tools, availability, packaging and price
The Sub-1Ghz RF Value Line is available today from TI and through authorized TI distributors. The solution is packaged in a ROHS-compliant, 4 mm x 4 mm QFN-32. Pricing starts at $0.75 in 1,000-unit quantities.
The new CC11xLDK-868-915 development kit is available today for USD $299 on TI's e-store. An additional CC11xLEMK-433 development kit is available for USD $99.
Find out more about TI's low-power RF and wireless connectivity solutions
- Order development kits and samples: www.ti.com/rfvalueline-preu
- TI's Wireless Connectivity solutions: www.ti.com/wirelessconnectivity
- TI's wireless connectivity selection guide: www.ti.com/wirelessconnectivityguide
- TI E2E(TM) low-power RF & wireless connectivity community: www.ti.com/lprf-forum
TI E2E is a trademark of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Für den Inhalt der Pressemitteilung ist der Einsteller, PresseBox.de, verantwortlich.
Es wurde noch kein Kommentar zu diesem Thema abgegeben.