DALLAS, 25.07.2011 - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE:TXN) today introduced a 3-MHz, 100-mA synchronous step-down DC/DC converter, which integrates a bypass switch and a unique DCS-Control technology. The new device extends battery run-time by 20 percent in low-power wireless and MSP430(TM) MCU-based applications, when compared to competing solutions. The high-performance device has an operating current of only 25 uA and supports many low-power applications, such as Bluetooth® low-energy systems, metering and building technologies, mobile phones, consumer electronics, medical and human interface devices.
The TPS62730 achieves 95-percent conversion efficiency and reduces current consumption drawn from the battery in transmit and receive modes. The device's ultra-low power bypass switch only consumes 30 nA of current for sleep and low power modes. The TPS62730 converter also generates less than 15 mVpp typical output voltage ripple, providing low noise to low-power RF applications, such as those powered by TI's 2.4-GHz CC2540 and CC430 system-on-chip (SOC) solutions. To order samples and an evaluation module or to download the datasheet and SwitcherPro(TM) design tool and PSpice® and TINA-TI(TM) models of the TPS62730, visit: www.ti.com/tps62730-preu.
DCS-Control (TM) technology is an advanced regulation topology that combines the advantages of hysteretic and voltage mode control within a single device, enabling excellent AC line and transient load regulation. The feature provides a seamless transition between high-load and light-load (power save) operation. An additional voltage feedback loop also ensures DC accuracy. DCS-Control technology alleviates the need to research external filtering components, thus reducing associated space and cost.
Key features and benefits
- Excellent low-output voltage ripple (<15 mVpp typical) over the entire load range, which benefits RF applications.
- Small solution size of 12 mm2: 3-MHz frequency and fixed output voltage options require only three external components.
- Input-voltage range of 1.9 V to 3.9 V supports Li-primary battery chemistries such as Li-SOCI2, LiSo2 and Li-MnO2, and also two alkaline batteries.
- Ultra-low-power shutdown/bypass-mode current of 30 nA, typical, supports the sleep and low-power modes of modern RF transceivers.
Tools and support
TI offers a variety of tools and support to speed the implementation of the TPS62730:
- TPS62730EVM-726 step-down DC/DC converter evaluation module (EVM): www.ti.com/TPS62730EVM-pr.
- SwitcherPro(TM) switching power supply design tool: www.ti.com/tps62730spstool-pr.
- PSPICE model: www.ti.com/tps62730pspice-pr.
- TINA-TI transient SPICE model: www.ti.com/tps62730tinati-pr.
- TINA-TI reference design: www.ti.com/tps62730refdesign-pr.
Availability and pricing
The TPS62730 is available now from TI and its authorized network of distributors in a small, 6-pin, 1- mm x 1.5-mm x 0.6-mm SON package, priced at $0.85 in quantities of 1,000. Additional devices with fixed voltages include TPS62731, TPS62372, TPS62374 and TPS62735.
Find out more about TI's low-power RF and power management solutions:
- Download TI's Wireless Connectivity Solutions Guide: www.ti.com/tps62730wcguide-pr.
- Ask questions, help solve problems in the Power forum in the TI E2E(TM) Community: www.ti.com/tps62730powerforum-pr.
- Download the new Power Management Guide: www.ti.com/powerguide-pr.
Für den Inhalt der Pressemitteilung ist der Einsteller, PresseBox.de, verantwortlich.
Es wurde noch kein Kommentar zu diesem Thema abgegeben.