Dallas, 19.08.2011 - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced two new bipolar, 12-bit, 1-MSPS successive approximation register (SAR) analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) for programmable logic control (PLC) and data acquisition. The 4-channel ADS8634 and 8-channel ADS8638 provide the widest temperature range available for demanding industrial measurement applications up to 125 degrees and are fully characterized over the extended industrial temperature range. They also allow an input range of ±12 V, an improvement of 20 percent over the competition, when used with an external reference. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/ads8634-preu.
Key features and benefits of the ADS8634 and ADS8638
- Per-channel software-selectable input ranges support ±12 V, ±10 V, ±5 V, ±2.5 V, 0-5 V, and 0-10 V, providing a single-chip solution for a wide range of inputs, while enabling designers to easily interface to a variety of sensors with a single ADC.
- 1-MSPS sampling rate is a 4x improvement from the previous generation.
- Digital interface supports 1.8-V to 5-V hosts without additional level-shifting circuitry.
- Integrated reference and temperature sensor reduces system cost and complexity. The addition of dual-alarm threshold logic per channel and alarm output minimizes the number of host accesses required in monitoring applications.
Tools and support
TI offers a variety of tools and support to speed development with the ADS8634 and ADS8638, including an IBIS model, anti-aliasing filter tool for data converters, and an op amp-to-ADC circuit topography calculator. Engineers can also ask questions and help solve problems in the Precision Data Converter Forum in the TI E2E(TM) Community.
A performance development kit, including all circuitry, software and source code, is also available to evaluate the performance of both parts. The ADS8638EVM-PDK enables complete ADC performance evaluation via ADCPro(TM) , a modular software system for evaluating ADCs without expensive logic analyzers and complex analysis routines. The ADS8638EVM-PDK can be purchased today for a suggested retail price of $199.
Availability, packaging and pricing
The ADS8634 and ADS8638 are available now in a 4-mm x 4-mm QFN package. The ADS8634 can be purchased for a suggested retail price of $2.85 for 1,000 units, and the ADS8638 is available for a suggested retail price of $3.25 for 1,000 units.
Learn more about TI's precision data converter portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Order ADS8634 samples: www.ti.com/ads8634-preu.
- Order ADS8638 samples: www.ti.com/ads8638-pr.
- Purchase the performance development kit: www.ti.com/ads8638evm-pr.
- Download the data sheet: www.ti.com/ads8634ds-pr.
TI E2E and ADCPro are trademarks of Texas Instruments. All other trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
Für den Inhalt der Pressemitteilung ist der Einsteller, PresseBox.de, verantwortlich.
Es wurde noch kein Kommentar zu diesem Thema abgegeben.