Dallas, 07.09.2011 - Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NYSE: TXN) today introduced the industry's smallest single-wire I/O expander with self-timed, single-wire (STSW) technology from Texas Instruments. The TCA5405 allows system designers to control and expand outputs to as many as five, using a single processor general purpose input/output (GPIO). This expander reduces the number of connections needed, thus eliminating 50 percent of the lines versus I2C, and 75 percent compared to a serial peripheral interface (SPI) bus. Download a data sheet and order your samples here: www.ti.com/tca5405-preu.
This device can be implemented in many design configurations that require a small footprint, such as cell phones, personal digital assistants (PDAs), portable media players, and portable instrumentation devices such as blood glucose meters and insulin pumps.
TCA5405 key features and benefits
- Easier implementation of port expansion makes it suitable for simple functions, such as chip select (CS) or enable (EN) pins, as well as complex functions like driving LEDs (<20 mA).
- One-wire protocol-based port expansion in an eight-pin, 2.25-mm2 micro-QFN package makes it the industry's smallest five-channel expander.
- STSW interface reduces connections by as much as 50 percent versus I2C, and 75 percent versus serial peripheral interface (SPI).
- Standby current consumption, which is 20 percent lower than the nearest competitor, supports power-savvy, high-performance applications with 2 µA and a drive strength current of ±20 mA.
Tools and support
TI offers a variety of free tools and support to speed development time:
- Simulate your design using TI's TCA5405 IBIS model.
- Download the data sheet: www.ti.com/tca5405-preu.
Availability and pricing
The TCA5405 comes in an eight-pin, 2.25-mm2 RUG micro-QFN package. It is in full production now and is available from TI and authorized distributors with the suggested resale price of $0.65 in quantities of 1,000.
Learn more about TI's I2C portfolio:
- Order samples of the TCA5405 here: www.ti.com/tca5405-preu.
- Download the latest I2C selection guide: www.ti.com/i2cguide-pr.
- Quickly search TI's entire interface portfolio and other interface devices, or download the latest selection guide: www.ti.com/interface-pr.
- Ask questions and help solve problems with fellow engineers in the TI E2E(TM) Community: www.ti.com/interfaceforum-pr.
Für den Inhalt der Pressemitteilung ist der Einsteller, PresseBox.de, verantwortlich.
Es wurde noch kein Kommentar zu diesem Thema abgegeben.