Sunnyvale, Calif., 30.06.2011 - What:
AMD (NYSE:AMD) today announced availability for the AMD Fusion A-Series Accelerated Processing Unit (APU) A8-3850 and A6-3650 desktop processors. The AMD A8-3850 and A6-3650 desktop processors will enable a high-performance experience for desktop users, including brilliant HD graphics, supercomputer-like performance, and incredibly fast application speeds.
Both the AMD A8-3850 and A6-3650 desktop processors combine four x86 CPU cores with powerful DirectX®11-capable discrete-level graphics, and up to 400 Radeon(TM) cores along with dedicated HD video processing on a single chip. Only AMD Fusion APUs offer true AMD Dual Graphics, with up to 120 percent visual performance boost(1), when paired with select AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6000 Series graphics cards. Consumers can achieve supercomputer-like performance of more than 500 gigaflops compute capacity and enjoy rapid content transfers via USB 3.0.
All A-Series processors are powered by AMD VISION Engine Software, which is composed of AMD Catalyst(TM) graphics driver, AMD OpenCL driver and the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. With this suite of software, users get regular updates designed to improve system performance and stability, and can add new software enhancements.
With a suggested retail price of $135, the AMD A8-3850 desktop processor operates at 2.9GHz (CPU) and 600MHz (GPU) with 400 Radeon(TM) Cores, 4MB of L2 cache and a TDP of 100W.
The AMD A6-3650 desktop processor has clock speeds of 2.6GHz (CPU) and 443MHz (GPU) with 320 Radeon(TM) Cores, 4MB of L2 cache and a TDP of 100W. The suggested retail price of the AMD A6-3650 desktop processor is $115.
In an increasingly digital and visually oriented world, consumers demand more responsive multitasking, vivid graphics, lifelike games, lag-free videos, and ultimate multimedia performance. AMD A8-3850 and A6-3650 desktop processors enable these visually stunning end-user experiences.
FM1 motherboards for the A-Series APUs are available now from leading original design manufacturers (ODMs), including ASUS, ASRock, Biostar, ECS, Foxconn (Hong Hai Precision), Gigabyte, Jetway, MSI and Sapphire.
AMD A8-3850 and A6-3650 desktop processors are scheduled to be available for purchase through system builders and at major online retailers, including Amazon, CyberPower Inc., iBuyPower, Newegg and TigerDirect beginning July 3, 2011. Additional processors are scheduled to be available later this year.
AMD A8-3850 and A6-3650 desktop processors, and the corresponding FM1 motherboards, were created with desktop consumers and gamers in mind.
- Read about the AMD A-Series features and performance here: http://blogs.amd.com/fusion/2011/06/28/a-series-sets-the-bar-for-apus/
- Learn about the software advantage with AMD A-Series desktop processors here: http://blogs.amd.com/fusion/2011/06/28/amd-vision-eng...he-unsung-hero/
- Follow all news from the AMD desktop team on Twitter at @AMDDesktop: http://twitter.com/#!/AMDDesktop
- Get AMD VISION Engine Software updates on Twitter at @catalystmaker: http://twitter.com/#!/catalystmaker
(1) Testing done in AMD Performance Labs using 3DMark Vantage - Performance Benchmark, GPU score - to represent visual performance. The AMD A4 3400 APU with the AMD Radeon HD 6450 GPU alone and not in dual graphics mode scored 1136 marks. The same configuration in dual graphics mode scored 2523 marks. Scores are rounded to the nearest whole mark. CONFIGURATION: The AMD A4 APU-based system is represented by the reference design codename "Armorhead", consisting of the AMD Dual-Core A4-3400 APU featuring AMD Radeon HD 6410D discrete-class graphics, 8GB DDR3-1600 system memory, a Real SSD C300 hard drive (256G) and Microsoft Windows Ultimate 64-bit. The Dual Graphics configuration includes the addition of the AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6450 discrete graphics card for added performance, creating an AMD Dual-Core A4-3400 APU with AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6510D2 Dual Graphics-based system.
Für den Inhalt der Pressemitteilung ist der Einsteller, PresseBox.de, verantwortlich.
Es wurde noch kein Kommentar zu diesem Thema abgegeben.