Associate Project Manager (m/f/d)
Can you take part in the journey that Vestas is on towards creating solutions for the world’s energy future? Our Associate Project Manager track is a great opportunity build your career with a broad exposure in our Construction department. We’re always looking for talented people to come with us.
In Vestas, we power the solution - can you?
Sales > Region NCE > Project Management DACH
Construction is responsible for installation, commission and finally handover of wind farms to the client. Working closely together with the client and other stakeholders is a key parameter to ensure this happens safely, efficiently and with a high-quality standard.
The Associate Project Manager, Construction assists in the management and commercial achievement of wind turbine projects. Working closely with the project manager, contract management, transport, construction site management, and other supporting functions during project execution. Customer relationship management, quality and cost control, safety, risk/benefit assessment and leadership towards the complete project team are key functions in this role.
- The position is supposed to be an interim platform for skilled employees which would like to grow and pursue a career in Project Management
- The position will be including a task rotation within the department to get a clear view of the complex diversity of the function Project Manager, this may also include a station abroad
- Assisting Project Managers in initiating, planning, completing controls and closing all activities associated with project execution
- Contributing to HSE efforts for an injury and incident-free safety culture at the project site
- Tracking customer deliverables and ensuring information is timely and accurate
- Coordinating contractors and vendors
- Ensure that Wind Turbine projects for a region or portfolio are planned and optimised with the correct scope, strategy, contract, time schedule, budget and are aligned between all stakeholders
- Representing Vestas' values and advocates high standards in performance and integrity
- Bachelor's or Masters degree in engineering or construction management. Economics and commercial subjects would also be of interest.
- You will have some established project management understanding; it could be technically focused but with a view to understanding the broader commercial setting
- Familiarity with power generation language and key terminology
- Proven performance in working in teams and achieving results
- Proven ability to set and handle budgets and resources
- Professional commercial insight and understanding of financial impacts of decisions with respect to project budgets
- Effective change and conflict management. Proven decision-making skills with balanced risk-taking
- Proficient in English and German to a professional level in all aspects
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to coach, motivate and direct people
- Intercultural awareness and skills to supervise and align intercultural teams
- Ability to handle tense or conflict situations with a diplomatic approach
- Customer focused and solution-oriented
- Solid ability to overview the financial aspects of projects and act on deviations
- Open-minded and good at sharing and gathering information within a team
- Willingness to travel
What we offer
We offer an exciting opportunity to join the Construction department and be exposed directly to some very key aspects of what makes a Project Manager in Vestas. This is a job with significant opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, dynamic, innovative and international work environment in the renewable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
- This role can be located in Hamburg. Travel will be expected across the region.
- For further information please contact Ravi Bedadi Senior Recruiter.
Ever wondered what a Construction Project Manager at Vestas does every day? Watch Cornelia and Robert give you more insight by copying the link below:
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels
Eingstellt am 27.05.2023